Directions: In the following questions, find out the correct word from the given options that can be substituted for the given sentences. You can also review your choices by clicking into answer section.
1. State in which a few govern the many.
2. A place that provides refuge
3. The study of ancient societies
4. A small shop that sells fashionable clothes, cosmetics, etc.
5. Present opposing arguments or evidence
6. A person who speaks several languages fluently.
7. One who is fond of fighting
8. A person appointed by parties to settle the disputes between them.
9. One who possesses many talents
10. Special favor shown by a person in high position to his relatives.
11. A person pretending to be somebody he is not
12. A person with an evil reputation
13. One who cannot pay one's debts.
14. A book written by an unknown author
15. That which cannot be corrected